The annual South by Southwest Conference wrapped up just a few days ago in Austin, Texas, featuring music, films, and innovative technologies.
French startups were strongly represented at this year’s SXSW, with the following companies featured by Business France in the French Tech Pavilion (in alphabetical order):
- Afrostream: streaming video service specializing in African and African-American content
- Fretbay: transport services within the UK and Europe
- Holi: innovative products for sleeping and waking
- Hydrao: color-based water management solution to help limit water usage
- Klaxoon: interactive quizzes, surveys, and other activities for groups
- Lucie Labs: wristbands for interactivity with lighting
- Prynt: an instant photo printer for smartphones
- Qwant: a search engine with zero tracking of users and zero filtering of content
- Reminiz: television recommendations and monetization solutions using facial recognition technology
- Vodkaster: social network focused on movies and TV shows
- WB Technologies: creates a beauty profile based on your skin to develop customized recommendations
- Wizeandope: shoes with color-changing LEDs to match your outfit
- wynd: simplifies shipping for individuals and businesses
True to the spirit of SXSW, France also contributed several artists to the music scene, as part of the France Rocks Showcase.